- Quarterly forum to talk on Jesus, consecrate youth to Immaculate Heart of MaryPosted 193 days ago
- Sports fest promotes camaraderie among youth ministersPosted 198 days ago
- Young people as advocates of environmentPosted 198 days ago
- Hundred youth join annual parish sports festPosted 198 days ago
- Antipolo holds sports fest for social growth, youth fellowshipPosted 198 days ago
- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 208 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 213 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 216 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 217 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 225 days ago
The Holy Father’s call for the evangelization of the digital media has prompted
the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) to establish an online
community of young Catholic Filipinos from the parishes, academes, and dioceses
sporadically present nationwide.
Through the supervision of Masbate Bishop Joel Baylon, chairman of the CBCP
Episcopal Commission on Youth (ECY), and Msgr. Pedro Quitorio III, director of the
CBCP Office on Mass Media, a group of youth ministers, missionaries and coordinators
was organized to work in the setting up of a website that will serve as a rich
information portal of the events, updates and activities in within the youth apostolate.
The group has come to be called YouthPinoy and its website as WWW.YOUTHPINOY.COM. With the portal up and running, CBCP President and Jaro,
Iloilo Archbishop Angel Lagdameo said “evangelizing the youth through their fellow
youth” is just as promising as how the Pope see the internet as the “best medium” for
the young to evangelize their peers, friends, classmates, and colleagues.
Aside from heeding the call of the Holy Father to evangelize the digital media,
the YouthPinoy website aims to:
- promote the youth ministry in the Philippines by featuring the various activities of the young Catholic Filipinos through news articles and event postings
- encourage creative means of evangelization through publication of inspirational stories and testimonials, values-forming illustration and artworks, original praise songs and music, plus religious and social awareness video documentaries
- proclaim the Gospel through posting of Gospel reflections, homily blogs, religious counselling, and prayer requests
- advocate unity, cooperation and communication among all youth organizations and ministry offices across the archipelago.
The YouthPinoy website envisions itself as a catalyst for the unity, cooperation,
and communication among the different Catholic youth organizations and ministry
offices in the Philippines.
The YouthPinoy website will utilize creative means of evangelization through
online media to advocate Catholic values and teachings among the Filipino youth.