- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 6 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 12 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 14 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 15 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 23 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 26 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 26 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 26 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 26 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 26 days ago
Bishop to youth ministers: Be humble like children
LEGAZPI City—CBCP’s Episcopal Commission on Youth Vice Chairman and San Jose, Nueva Ecija Bishop Roberto “Bobet” Mallari urged young delegates to the youth ministers’ conference to look up at children as their models in humility and simplicity of life.
In his homily on the 2nd day of the National Conference for Youth Ministers (NCYM), Mallari, referring on the Gospel reading of the day, said that a child is always presented to the people as a model of humility because of their lack of pretenses which is so typical among adult people.
“Children do not sow anger and resentment. When a child argues with a friend, after several seconds, they are already friends again. But for the youth and adults, how will you become great like children?” Mallari said.
He pointed out that Jesus is challenging everyone to be like a child in humility and simplicity and not to instill hatred.
“He is also asking us to be always like children who keep their humility and always ready to learn and be informed,” he added.
Mallari furthered that everybody must put themselves in the hands of God and to offer everything that they have to the Lord because life is an offering and sacrifice. (Jandel Posion)