- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 8 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 14 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 16 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 17 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 25 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 28 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 28 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 28 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 28 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 28 days ago
Calungsod musicale to go on campus tour
MANILA—The successful premiere showing of the Pedro Calungsod musical at the culmination of National Laity Week has inspired organizers to plan for a campus tour to introduce the soon-to-be saint Pedro Calungsod to the young.
In a media forum today, Teen Saint Pedro Musicale Producer Bob Serrano said the focus of the musicale is for Pedro to be introduced to the young and be a model to them.
“We want the young to know Calungsod’s faithfulness, purity, being able to serve without counting the cost and making sacrifice for a greater good. Those qualities of the teen saint will be acquired by the youth and made him their model,” Serrano said.
Serrano added that through the musicale, people will know Calungsod’s life and works and his contribution to the Church and faith.
When asked about the songs used in the musicale, Serrano mentioned most of the songs come from the original musical ‘Scenes of Martyrdom’ written by Msgr. Rudy Villanueva of Cebu.
“We have adopted some of the songs but we also contributed some songs composed by me and my partner Nonong Sampang. This is really a refreshed version of the original musical in Cebu and it is versed in English so that it can be shown not just in the country, but around the world,” Serrano furthered.
TV actor Makisig Morales portrays Pedro Calungsod in the musicale. They will have a public show tomorrow evening at the Meralco Theater. (Jandel Posion)