- Sports fest promotes camaraderie among youth ministersPosted 17 hours ago
- Young people as advocates of environmentPosted 17 hours ago
- Hundred youth join annual parish sports festPosted 17 hours ago
- Antipolo holds sports fest for social growth, youth fellowshipPosted 17 hours ago
- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 10 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 16 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 18 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 19 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 27 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 30 days ago
Film offers alternative message
MANILA, September 26, 2012— If movie goers are looking for a different cinematic experience, the film “October Baby” with its message about the beauty and uniqueness of life, is what they need to see.
In a press forum in Intramuros yesterday, Fr. Ting Miciano, SBD, a priest from Don Bosco Parish in Makati, encouraged everyone to watch “October Baby”, which talks about the dignity of life.
“The film will show us the beauty of life, which abortion kills,” Miciano said.
Meanwhile, Ms. Lily Perez of Heartbeat Asia said the film October Baby is one way to promote chastity and love for life in a different way using the media.
She also said young people can relate some of their personal experiences with the current issues mentioned in the film.
Perez added the movie also shows how the family remains the main support of a young person and that there is a chance to move on from problems with the support of the family.
October Baby is a story of a young woman who learns that she was almost aborted as a fetus and embarks on a trip to understand the circumstances of her birth. But even if she hated her mother on knowing about the attempted abortion, in the end, the young woman was able to forgive her and forget about the botched abortion.
The film is starred by Rachel Hendrix together with John Schneider, Jennifer Price, Jason Burkey, Jasmine Guy, Shari Rigby, and Rodney Clark.
Organized by the Heartbeat Asia, a life-affirming pregnancy resource center that is present in 14 areas serving the Philippines, the group aims to awaken the interest of the public to chaste life. The group continuously empowers men and women affirming and championing life.
Premiered on October 1st at the Robinson’s Galleria Cinema 4, the film will also have another special screening on October 13 at Robinson’s Galleria Cinema 5 and on October 27 in Robinson’s Ermita Cinema 5. (Jandel Posion)