- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 5 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 11 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 13 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 14 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 22 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 25 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 25 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 25 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 25 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 25 days ago
Indie child artists to launch 1st Christian album
MANILA, April 15, 2012—A new pop singing group known as ‘God’s Little Sparrows’, composed of 10 musically gifted children, will be launching their 1st major original Christian album with 13 songs composed by their fellow children and other composers in the music industry.
The launch will be held at GT Toyota Asian inside the University of the Philippines, Diliman Campus on April 28. A special film screening of the indie movie “Agawan Base”, where the children had major roles, will be shown at 3 p.m. followed by a concert at 6 p.m.
According to Abner Tulagan, Marketing Director of LEB Telon Film and Music, the group is partly composed of indie child artists such as Lance Reblando, Pippen Tan, and Alvyn and Angeline Tulagan who portrayed major roles in the film “Agawan Base” which was directed by Director Cesar Evangelista Buendia.
Buendia directed independent films such as Padre de Pamilya in 2009 and Agawan Base in 2011 that complements LEB Telon Production advocacy of sharing God’s words through film.
Tulagan disclosed that all songs in the album are inspirational Christian songs originally composed by members of the group and some Christian composers.
The CD’s will be sold on the launching day for Php 300.00 and will also be distributed nationwide.
“The group was completed with God’s grace. We never expected that these children also sing well. This was the product of our advocacy (the LEB Telon Film and Music Production) which is sharing God’s word through film, and now, through music,” Tulagan said.
He said that the director believes in the parable of talents, that if a person has a talent and it was not used, God will take it away from that person.
“It fits our vision to spread the word of God through film music and He provided us all the materials, talents and staff that we [can be] proud of. This opportunity gives the kids a chance to be better and to live the Christian way of life by following God and His teachings,” said Tulagan.
Tulagan also mentioned that six members of the group are from Catholic families while four of them are from Christian families.
“Their religious upbringing really helps them to be role models to fellow kids. Every meetings or rehearsal, one of them [always lead a prayer] and there is also reading of bible phrase. So these kids truly value their faith,” he also added.
Tulagan hopes that through their songs the children will be able to reach out to their fellow kids and the youth. (Jandel Posion)