- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 9 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 15 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 17 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 18 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 26 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 29 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 29 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 29 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 29 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 29 days ago
Novaliches to hold youth day in honor of Calungsod
QUEZON City—The Commission on Youth of Novaliches diocese will hold a diocesan youth day in honor of the soon-to-be 2nd Filipino saint Pedro Calungsod.
The youth day, titled “Amigo: Calungsod Youth Day” will be celebrated at the Good Shepherd Cathedral Covered Court on the same day of Calungsod’s canonization, October 21.
The event will feature a festive and youthful celebration of the young Filipino saint that will start at 2 p.m. with the presence of the Diocesan Youth Cross and the image of Calungsod which has been on a pilgrimage around the diocese since May of this year.
Activities during the event are the inter-parish “Pedro henyo” showdown on the young people’s knowledge on the life of Calungsod, an inter-vicariate “Sabayang Pagbigkas” that will showcase creative talents of vicariate representatives as inspired by the song for Pedro Calungsod, a session on “I Am Pedro” that will feature young people who will speak about their faith and share their experiences on how to become a modern day Pedro and a youth jam that will set the tone for faith sharing.
The highlight of the youth day will be a Calungsod play on the life of the young saint which will be presented by the San Isidro Labrador Parish Youth Ministry.
A youth mass will be celebrated by the diocesan youth director, Fr. Roland Jaluag to culminate the event.
The diocese will also officially launch the Year of Faith during the Youth day.
Organizers are expecting 600 youth attendees from different parishes and youth groups within the diocese.
“It is the hope of the Commission on Youth that the Calungsod Youth Day will be a meaningful celebration for all young people as they become inspired by the life of Saint Pedro Calungsod and become living witnesses to their faith,” organizers furthered. (Roy Villafania/Jandel Posion)