- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 5 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 11 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 13 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 14 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 22 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 25 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 25 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 25 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 25 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 25 days ago
Reflect on Pope’s message for WYD, delegates urged
WITH the recent release of the official song of the 27th World Youth Day (WYD) in Brazil, an executive of the CBCP Episcopal Commission on Youth (ECY) has urged interested Filipino delegates to begin reading and internalizing materials issued in view of the event, including the message of the Holy Father for WYD 2013.
ECY executive secretary Fr. Conegundo Garganta said Filipinos intending to attend the upcoming WYD should contemplate on the message of Pope Benedict XVI (downloadable here: http://youthpinoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ECYWYD2013-Primer.pdf) as a part of their preparation for the event.
“Start reading the messages of the Pope for the youth for you to have a grasp of what the Holy Father would like you to experience in Rio. Let it be part of your individual or group preparation for the WYD,” Garganta said.
Aside from the Holy Father, ECY chairman and Legazpi Bishop Joel Baylon has also issued a message, encouraging young Filipinos to attend the WYD and be part of the country’s official delegation to the event under the ECY-Philippines Delegation.
The CBCP ECY earlier issued a primer about WYD 2013 and the ECY-Philippines Delegation (downloadable here: http://youthpinoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ECYWYD2013-Primer.pdf). Registration of pilgrim groups from parishes, dioceses, schools and youth organizations is ongoing and will last until October 5. Meanwhile, registration of individual pilgrims is until January 31.
“With our experience from forming this delegation every WYD since 1997 and the rich tapestry of post-WYD movements of those who joined us, our commission (ECY) is happy to offer you a path of preparation and participation that is efficient, meaningful and enabling,” Baylon said.
Aside from the Holy Father’s message for WYD 2013, organizers of the WYD in Rio de Janeiro have also selected and released the official prayer and song for the event.
The official WYD prayer and song are viewable via rio2013.com. (YouthPinoy)