- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 4 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 10 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 12 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 13 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 21 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 24 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 24 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 24 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 24 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 24 days ago
Registration for WYD Rio 2013 to open in July
RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil, April 29, 2012–Organizers for World Youth Day 2013 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, said that registration will be open starting this July and that young people who wish to attend must register exclusively through the official website.
“Rio awaits you with open arms,” organizers said. “Come and participate in this great event and show the strength of young people around the world.”
Members of the WYD Local Organizing Committee said online registration would be the sole means for signing up to participate in the event scheduled for July 23-28 next summer, which Pope Benedict XVI is expected to attend.
“The registration page is the entryway into WYD Rio 2013. All pilgrims who come to the event must first register, and from there WYD welcomes them all,” said director of registration Sister Shaiane Machado. She also said group registrations should be for a maximum of 50 young people.
Groups larger than 50 should be divided up, Sr. Machado added, noting that the process will be explained in detail on the section of the site created for group registrations. For more information, visit the official WYD website at: http://www.rio2013.com. (CNA)