- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 5 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 11 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 14 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 14 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 22 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 25 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 25 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 25 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 25 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 25 days ago
Sex ed like “rotten food”, will corrupt morality – prayer rally speaker
Comparing the proposed sex education of the RH Bill to “rotten food”, a medical doctor and psychologist, told thousands of people at the Prayer Power Rally today how the proposed sex ed will corrupt young people’s morality and thinking.
Dr. Lucille Montes said the proposed sex ed will corrupt Filipinos’ morality and behavior by slowly opening up their mind to accept ideas about sex and sexual behavior that culturally Filipinos reject.
“Parang pagkain na hinaluan ng sira, kahit konti lang, masisira na ang lahat (Just like food that is mixed with even just a little bit of spoiled food, the entire dish is contaminated),” Dr. Lucille Montes said in her short talk about the impact of sex ed.
She said RH Bill proponents stress that sex ed will address sex crimes, STDs and teenage pregnancies but have failed to do just that in countries where systematized sex ed has been implemented for decades.
“Lalong sumasama ang kinaabukasan ng mga kabataang galing sa mga bansang may sex education (The future of young people from countries with sex ed is getting worse),” Dr. Montes added.
In closing, she rallied the estimated 10,000-strong crowd not to allow the Philippines to suffer the same fate. [Nirva'ana Ella Delacruz]