- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 7 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 13 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 16 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 17 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 24 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 27 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 28 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 28 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 28 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 28 days ago
Youth Commission bishop assures youth leaders of support in anti-RH campaign
MANILA, May 2, 2012—Yet another prelate has expressed complete support for the youth’s initiatives in upholding a culture of life and fighting proposed legislative measures that promote anti-life principles.
Legazpi Bishop Joel Z. Baylon, chairman of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines Episcopal Commission on Youth (CBCP-ECY) assured youth leaders on Monday of his prayers and support for their initiatives to fight the Reproductive Health (RH) bill pending in both chambers of Congress
“I assure you of my prayers I’m sure there will be a lot of need for the inspiration in this ministry and the gift of the Spirit to fire us up and make us truly witnesses in defending life. Good luck at maraming salamat!”
Baylon expressed his appreciation during a meeting of youth leaders discussing plans to push anti-RH initiatives — the first of which is a forum tackling the truth about the RH bill, to take place at St. Peter Parish on Commonwealth Ave., Quezon City.
Everyone interested in getting the real deal about this contentious issue is invited to the event on Monday, May 7, at 3:00 pm. Among the speakers will be Dr. Rene Bullecer, Human Life International (HLI) Pilipinas country director. The Cebu-based physician, a firm advocate of women’s right to be informed of the truth about contraceptives, specializes in HIV Medicine and received special training in infectious diseases.
Recently the Federation of National Youth Organization (FNYO), a network of youth groups and movements with members from Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao has come out with a solid stand of denouncing the anti-life component of the RH bill. (CBCP for Life)