- Youth volunteers engage in some ‘prayerful pollwatching’Posted 9 days ago
- I found the surest way to Jesus!Posted 15 days ago
- Davao youth animators gather for workshopPosted 17 days ago
- More than a thousand individuals consecrated to Mary Mediatrix during pilgrimagePosted 18 days ago
- ‘Social Networks: portals of truth and faith; new spaces for evangelization.’Posted 26 days ago
- Fun run? Why not a ‘runway’ benefit run?Posted 29 days ago
- 9th John Paul II confab focuses on youth as agents of New EvangelizationPosted 29 days ago
- Dominican Youth holds lectures on Year of Faith, leadership trainingPosted 29 days ago
- Listen without judgment, bishop reminds youthPosted 29 days ago
- Novaliches youth organize electoral formationPosted 29 days ago
Zambales youth stage ‘green’ fashion show
IBA, Zambales — ‘Green fashion’ doesn’t sound so bad. Using recyclable and indigenous materials, youth from the Diocese of Iba presented different creations in a diocesan youth activity titled ‘One Fashion Show for One Mother Earth’ last Saturday, August 25.
According to Madonna Dalit, the diocesan youth coordinator of Iba, “When we take care of our environment we become fully good stewards. God does not permit any human being to abuse and misuse nature but to cultivate and [allow it to] bear much fruit.”
Aside from advocating care for the environment, the event was also done in honor of Blessed Pedro Calungsod who will be canonized this October 21.
“This is an opportunity for us to introduce Calungsod to the people of Olongapo and Zambales and through this event, we can challenge the youth of the diocese to become like Pedro, even in the smallest way, such as [through] promoting environmental awareness, etc.,” Dalit explained.
Several resource speakers graced the event such as Fr. Rico Fagela, a vicariate youth director and Ms. Amethya DL. Koval, the manager of Ecology Department of the Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority.
Short AVPs about Blessed Pedro Calungsod, one on climate change from Signos (a video documentary from GMA7), and another on the aftermath of a calamity in the diocese, as well as the different activities of Commission on Youth of the diocese since 2009 about to environmental conservation and protection were shown to some 500 attendees.
The fashion show was held at Harbor Point Ayala Malls, Subic Bay Freeport Zone yesterday from 6:00PM to 8:00PM. (Jandel Posion)